Corporate Functions includes the Group’s non-banking activities and employs more than 600 people. These functions are carried out by specialists with expertise across all business units and include the Communications, Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, Information Security, Internal Audit, Legal, Corporate Office, Risk and Tax departments.
You will be joining the Language Services team within Group Corporate Communications. Group Corporate Communications is responsible for overseeing all internal and external communications for the Group. Your primary task will consist in translating texts written in French and German into English, as well as editing/proofreading texts written in English. Your work should meet Pictet’s high standards of excellence.
- Translate, edit and revise/proofread all kinds of texts relating to the Pictet Group’s activities. The texts can be specialised (economic, financial or legal) or more general.
- Understand the needs of the Group’s business lines and corporate functions, and work with them throughout the translation/editing process to ensure their requirements are met.
- Revise texts translated by colleagues or freelance translators and recommend changes if necessary. Apply the four-eyes principle to ensure the work meets the high standards we expect.
- Allocate work between in-house and external (freelance) translators.
- University degree in translation, or qualification deemed equivalent.
- At least 7 years’ experience as a translator, including 4 years as a financial translator, gained either in-house or as a freelance translator.
- Excellent knowledge of the fields of economics, finance and law.
- English mother tongue, excellent command of French and German; knowledge of another language (preferably Italian or Spanish) would be a plus.
- Proficient user of Trados Studio and MultiTerm; experience of other CAT tools a plus.
- Keen interest in latest developments in language technologies (machine translation, post-editing, etc.).
- Skilled user of common IT applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Must be a resident in Switzerland (London a possible alternative).