Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz – Department of English Studies
|Placed On:||29th June 2022|
|Closes:||10th July 2022|
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is one of the largest universities in Germany. As part of the Rhine-Main research alliance, the university is able to realise its full potential and showcase its innovative power and dynamism. Its status as a university with faculties in the sciences and humanities allows for multidisciplinary learning and teaching and has great potential for internationally renowned interdisciplinary research. The Faculty of Translation Studies, Linguistics and Cultural Studies has its own separate campus in Germersheim and is recognized globally as one of the largest university-level institutions for translation and interpreting – a place of lively academic exchange for researchers, academic teaching staff and students from around the world.
Faculty 06: Translation Studies, Linguistics, and Cultural Studies of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (Germersheim campus)
Lecturer with a specified function for our English programme
For our English programme in our faculty, we are looking for a lecturer with a specified function, with a focus on foreign language learning, translation and cultural studies.
In this position you will be expected to
- design and offer courses for students with English as a foreign or primary language in the current and future BA and MA programmes.
- be versatile across disciplines within the framework of future degree programmes.
- participate in the development and design of teaching material.
- participate in the academic self-administration of the faculty and the British Studies (Anglistik) department.
Applicants must meet the requirements stipulated in the Higher Education Act of Rhineland-Palatinate (§ 58 HochSchG in conjunction with § 57 HochSchG) and must have:
- a successfully completed university degree in the field of cultural studies, literary or translation studies with English as foreign or primary language
- a doctorate appropriate to the position and its requirements
- primary professional activity of at least two years and six months
- preferably some practical professional experience in translation
- knowledge of British English as a native speaker of the language, both written and spoken
- excellent knowledge of the German language, both written and spoken
- excellent knowledge of the British cultural area