Decypher is seeking Medical Translator candidates to support the 52nd Medical Group at Spangdahlem AB, Germany. This position will provide services in translating, processing, maintaining, and releasing medical records and referrals. Works closely with Referral Management Center (RMC) staff to provide official medical translation from German to English on host nation (HN) medical reports received in the RMC. In addition, this position will compile or extract medical records data to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Successful candidates for this position will have experience in providing, assessing, and improving a wide variety of customer services/relations, preparing administrative and statistical reports, and have exceptional communication and customer service skills. Certification in German-English translation required.
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
- Initiates and locates patient medical records as needed; scans medical report results and translations into the Healthcare Artifact and Image Management Solution (HAIMS) system as required.
- Translates HN provider medical reports “on-the-spot” and urgently from German to English and English to German as needed.
- Translates MTF provider reports “on-the-spot” and urgently from German to English and English to German as needed.
- Translates command sponsorship packages as needed.
- Translates TRICARE Prime requests older than one (1) year as needed.
- Provides medical report translations for retiree members as needed.
- Provides medical report translations for TRICARE Select beneficiaries as needed.
- Maintains translating a minimum of 1.5 medical report pages per hour free from any defects in either language structure and/or transcription of content.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluent in English and German, speaking, reading and writing Level 4 proficiency
- Understanding in medical terminology
- Knowledgeable in general medical ethics, health records administration, patient administration
- Understanding of HIPPA/PII regulations
- Basic knowledge of available office automation software as they relate to a medical facility.
- Able to type with a minimum of 40 words per minute
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Certification as German-English/English-German translator/interpreter is required. One of the following certifications will meet this requirement: Bachelor of Arts in Translation/Interpretation, Diplom Uebersetzer/Dolmetscher, Staatlich gepruefter Uebersetzer, Staatlich anerkannter Uebersetzer, US State Department certified translator, or other international or national organizations like American Translators Association, International Interpreters Association. Certificates should not be older than five (5) years