In this role, you have the opportunity to
to assure correctness and consistency of the localized content, which can have a direct impact on the user experience and customer satisfaction. You also act as knowledge-broker between translation community and customer environment.
You are responsible for
- Translate the user interface software of MA&TC products and product updates, verify it on the product (linguistic review) and validate it for its intended use.
- Validate the translation of outsourced product translations (on-line help, instructions for use, training materials, etc.) and give feedback to vendor translators; final sign-off with the ultimate responsibility for quality and consistency.
- Define, validate and maintain the Russian terminology for all translation projects.
- Act as liaison to in-house subject-matter experts and as knowledge-broker between field/customer environment and translation community.
You are a part of
the localization department which manages the product translation work, eLearning and Marcom translations for the Monitoring & Analytics, Therapeutic Care, and Hospital Respiratory Care business lines into over 30 languages using state-of-the-art translation tools and business processes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Perfect command of Russian, adequate to native language proficiency.
- Excellent command of English.
- University degree in Translation Studies (mandatory); preferably with a focus on or an added specialization in medicine/engineering.
- Continuous and intensive working experience as a translator as well as proven skills and experience using state-of-the-art localization tools and processes are an asset.
- The position requires an analytical mind set, attention to quality and good communication skills. The applicant must be a team player and able to build up and maintain a network of contacts throughout the organization.