Privacy Statement of ADÜ Nord e. V. in accordance with Art. 13 and 14 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Name and contact data of the controller; Data Protection Officer lawfully not appointed
This data privacy notice applies to data processing performed through: The Controller: ADÜ Nord e. V. (hereinafter: ‘ADÜ Nord’), Königstraße 26, 22767 Hamburg, Germany, e-mail: email@example.com, Telephone: +49 (0)40/ 2 19 10 01, Fax: +49 (0)40/ 2 19 10 03. Because at ADÜ Nord there are less than ten (10) engaged in data processing, ADÜ Nord has lawfully opted not to appoint a Data Protection Officer.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, and the nature and purpose of its use
a) When visiting our website
When you visit our website www.adue-nord.de, the browser of your terminal device will automatically send information to our website server. This information will be temporarily stored in a log file. The following information will be recorded without any intervention by you, and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file retrieved,
- Website from where the access originates (referrer URL),
- Browser used, and, possibly your computer’s operating system and the name of your access provider.
We will process the specified data for the following purposes:
- to ensure visitors can easily access our website,
- to ensure our website is user-friendly
- for the analysis of the security and stability of our system, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the collection of data as described above. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data to draw conclusions about you personally.
b) When subscribing to our e-information service (electronic circular delivered to our members)
If you have issued your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. a) GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our e-information notices on a regular basis. You are only required to provide your email address to receive this e-information. You can unsubscribe at any time, for example by sending such a request by e-mail to our administrative office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
c) When using our contact, registration or order forms
If asking questions of any kind, when registering online for our events, such as workshops or webinars, and when placing orders online for publications or other articles that we offer for sale on our website or otherwise make available at a given point in time, you have the possibility to use an online form to contact us, complete personal registrations, or place orders. At this point you will be required to enter a valid e-mail address, possibly along with other personal data such as your name, in order that we know who is asking the question and so that we can respond to and duly process it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. The processing of data for the purpose of making contact with us, is performed in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. a) GDPR, on the basis of the consent voluntarily provided by you. The personal data collected when using the contact, registration or order form will be automatically erased after we have attended to your inquiry, or once the entire process has been completed, e.g. through handling, attendance, cancellation, unsubscribing and the like.
d) When applying for membership of ADÜ Nord, and when you are accepted as a member
If you have issued your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. a) GDPR, we will use your personal data and other such information
- for receiving and processing membership applications,
- to register you as a member in our electronic database of members,
- to maintain our database of members, incl. updating your profile.
3. Transfer of data
Your personal data will not be communicated to any third parties for any purposes other than those described here. We will pass your personal data onto third parties only if:
- you have given your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. a) GDPR,
- the transfer is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. f) GDPR, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, and there is nothing to indicate that you have an overriding, legitimate interest in your data being withheld,
- the transfer is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. c) GDPR, for compliance with a legal obligation, and
- this is lawful and, in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. b) GDPR, is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
5. Rights of the data subject:
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain confirmation from us on whether we are processing your personal data. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data is or has been disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, to object to or limit the processing of your data, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data insofar as it was not collected by us, about the existence of an automated decision-making process (including profiling) and any significant information regarding the details of this;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to request that any incorrect or incomplete personal data belonging to you and which is stored by us, be rectified without delay;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request that personal data belonging to you, and which is stored by us be erased insofar as the processing of said data is not required for exercising the right to free expression of opinion and information, for fulfilling a legal requirement, and is not needed on the grounds of public interest or for the purposes of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request that the processing of your personal data be limited insofar as you dispute the accuracy of the data or contend that the processing of said data is unlawful, but you do not wish for the data to be erased, and we no longer require it, but it is needed by you for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or you have objected to the processing of said data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to request that your personal data provided to us be made available to you in a structured, standard and machine-readable format, or that it be sent to a different data controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke, at any time, the consent that you previously provided to us. This means that in future we will not be permitted to continue processing the data based on this consent, and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work, or of the place of our company’s registered office.
6. Right of objection
Insofar as your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests as defined under Article 6 (1) 1st sentence lit. f) GDPR, you have the right – in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR – to object to the processing of your personal data, provided that there are grounds pertaining to your particular circumstances, or if your objection is directed towards processing for direct advertising purposes. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will fulfil without the need for you to state any special circumstances. If you wish to exercise your right to revoke consent or your right to object, simply send an e-mail to: email@example.com
7. Data security
During visits to our website, we employ the widely used SSL method (Secure Socket Layer), in conjunction with the highest encryption level supported in each case by your browser. This will generally be 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will employ 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can recognise if a particular page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed padlock icon in the lower status bar of your browser. We also employ suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction and against third parties accessing it without authorisation. We continuously upgrade these security measures in line with advancements in technology.
8. Updates and changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently valid, and was more recently updated in May 2018. It may become necessary to amend this Privacy Statement due to the continuous development of our website and related services, or due to the amendment of statutory or public regulations. The current, up-to-date Privacy Statement can be viewed and printed at any time by visiting our website at https://www.adue-nord.de/datenschutz.