For those offering or needing translation or interpreting services, ADÜ Nord is absolutely the right place: ADÜ Nord – Assoziierte Dolmetscher und Übersetzer in Norddeutschland e.V. (associated interpreters and translators in northern Germany) – provides a trade association for professional providers of language services, with its geographical base and point of emphasis in northern Germany. The association has its headquarters in Hamburg, yet its membership is comprised of translators and interpreters from Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein and Lower Saxony, as well as from the rest of Germany and from abroad.
In short: ADÜ Nord – Assoziierte Dolmetscher und Übersetzer in Norddeutschland e.V. – is the established cross-regional association for interpreters and translators in northern Germany.
A trade association for language professionals
- Registered office: Hamburg.
- Legal form: registered association.
- Members in Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Lower Saxony and elsewhere in Germany as well as abroad
- Demanding membership criteria (relevant qualification from institute of higher education, state-approved examination or admission after review by an Admissions Committee)
- Approx. 280 members (as of May 2019)
- Over 50 working languages from A as in Afghan through to V as in Vietnamese, including German sign language
- With specialisations covering all areas of activity: technology, business, law, medicine, the humanities, literature and many others
- Sworn interpreters and translators