|Call for applications:||9 December 2020|
|Submission Deadline:||28 February 2021 (18:00 CET)|
|Notification of Results:||2 April 2021|
|Earliest date of departure:||1 June 2021|
|Latest date of return:||30 November 2021|
For whom ?
This call for applications is open to literary translators, aged 18+, active in the field of literature, of all educational qualifications and levels of experience, legally residing in a Creative Europe country, (individuals or groups up to 5 people).
i-Portunus provides financial support to partially fund the cost of travel (transport, accommodation etc.) to another (or several) Creative Europe country(/ies).
The duration of the mobility must be between 7 and 60 days and must take place before 30 November 2021.
The travel can be continuous or segmented:
- a continuous mobility means that you have one round-trip travel or one multi-destination trip.
- a segmented mobility means that you will travel several times to one or several destinations. Each trip must last a minimum of five days, and the total number of days still has to be between 7 and 60 days.
The main objective of your mobility is preferably one of the following:
- international collaboration: for example, with an author in the framework of a literary translation.
- production oriented residencies: for example, the result of your mobility is the immersion in a specific ’source language context‘, in the framework of a literary translation.
- professional development: for example, you will take part in network meetings, showcases, workshops, master classes and other types of training outside of formal education.