- Closing date 20.04.2021
- Contract end date 31.05.2022
- Working time Full time
- Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Your role As an English Translator you will, with a focus on effective communication:- produce high-quality translations into English from at least two official EU languages of a broad range of materials in the fields of banking supervision and monetary policy;- contribute to the drafting/editing of public communication and website content, including social media posts, for the general public; – edit and proofread ECB materials in the fields of banking supervision and monetary policy which have been drafted in English by native and non-native speakers, correcting errors of grammar, consistency and style, and ensuring a high-quality finished product tailored to the target audience;- quality-check/revise editing and translation work produced both externally and in house;- contribute to developing clear writing initiatives, updating the ECB’s English Style Guide, and providing linguistic and drafting advice in English.The position offers you excellent opportunities to make a key contribution to the communication initiatives of the Section, Division and Directorate General. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- – a master’s degree or equivalent in languages or another relevant field such as economics or law (click here for details on degree equivalences);
- – in addition to the above, at least two full years’ documented experience as a professional translator/editor or a track record of performing the tasks required by the position;
- – a C2 (native speaker standard) command of English and C2 (mastery level) command of at least two other official languages of the EU according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- – experience in translating using computer-assisted translation tools such as SDL Trados Studio and an interest in machine translation;
- – a sound knowledge of MS Office, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- – familiarity with the ECB, other EU institutions, international organisations and/or the financial sector.
- – an advanced (C1) command of further official EU languages;
- – professional experience in drafting impactful content for websites and social media and/or in editing/translating high-level speeches and interviews;
- a sound knowledge of banking supervision, economics and/or central banking issues.