Closing Date: 25 November 2021
ESA Headquarters, Paris, France
Translator/Editor in the English Translation, Editing & Support Section, Language Services and Minute-Writing Division, Director General’s Services.
Reporting to the Head of the English Translation, Editing & Support Section, you will:
• translate into English principally from French & German a wide variety of texts relating to the Agency’s work, with a particular emphasis on scientific, technical, legal, financial and administrative subjects;
• edit official ESA documents and correspondence and other key Agency texts and materials;
• advise ESA staff on the appropriate use of written English;
• contribute to ongoing efforts to reinforce the translation technology capabilities of the Division;
• contribute to ongoing Division-wide terminology efforts in cooperation with the Division’s Terminologist/Language Technologist by providing input for ESA’s multilingual termbase
As required, you may also be called upon to draft minutes of ESA official meetings.
State-of-the-art knowledge in area of responsibility at required levelProficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems, tools and applications, including online services on the internetKnowledge of the relevant Agency rules, processes and procedures