Are you looking for a great opportunity to work on a dynamic team passionate about delivering world-class localised software on some of the world’s most creative consumer electronic products? Do you love the challenge of solving sophisticated problems that can have impact on a global scale? Join the team responsible for the localisation of Apple software and Siri. We are looking for experienced technical translators to localise software and related content into German.
- Hands-on translation of Apple products into German.
- Utilising internal tools to identify changes with localisation impact.
- Bug monitoring, blocking issues, reporting and resolution.
- Working with multi-functional groups to ensure the process runs smoothly and on schedule.
- Ensuring terminology consistency across all Apple products and services for the German market.
- Assisting with quick-turnaround translations.
- Identifying tools and process improvements.
- Performing linguistic QA and runtime testing.
- Maintaining style guides.
- Maintaining language glossaries.
Our localisation team is looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical, creative, organisational and communication skills to provide technical translations and adaptations for our software. Proficiency and translation experience in German language are crucial. The environment is fast paced, requiring the capacity to handle workload with bold delivery schedules. In addition to project work, other responsibilities include contributing to improving the tools to make software localisation workflows more efficient; helping to investigate the root causes of international issues that are found in localised software; promoting best practices for localisation friendly content; defining and driving improvements in our localised content. Strong communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities are crucial. This position is highly suited to technical translators with previous localisation experience. It provides a chance to work within an exciting, supportive team, interact with other localisation teams at Apple, as well as engineering and QA teams, and gain valuable insights into the development process at Apple.
Education & Experience
Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.