YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger between YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP in 2015.
Studio Production produces world-class visual assets for NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, YOOX, THE OUTNET and ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES Powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP. Operating from our London HQ and US studio in New Jersey as well as Italian centres for excellences, our team includes Studio Coordinators, Product Library, Styling, Size and Fit, Photography, Video, Retouch, Product Editorial and Translations teams, with many working across a combination of all Group’s websites each week.
The German Product Editorial Translations team are now seeking a talented Junior Product Translator to join the team based in our offices in Westfield. Reporting into the Deputy Product Editor, you will be tasked with translating the product descriptions on NET-A-PORTER in an accurate and reliable manner, in clear and concise German, whilst preserving the house style.
“We are the voice of the NET-A-PORTER GROUP’s shop floor, speaking to our customers directly from every product page. We are their most trusted style advisor and fashion confidante. We research, write, edit, translate and publish informed, accurate and innovative copy in four languages, from two locations.” Product Editorial team
- Translate product page copy according to in-house style guides; checking accuracy of copy against images as well as grammar and spelling. Ensuring all copy is clear and concise and localized where relevant.
- Work to daily deadlines.
- Ensure that all editorial content across the German product pages reflects the aims, values, house style and tone of each site.
- Where possible, check accuracy of upload by checking all click-through functionality, size and fit tabs and dropdowns on the product page.
- Maintain house style document, final sign off responsibility lying with Product Editor.
- Have confidence in replying to emails and attending meetings.
- Fluency in German and English, ability to speak fluently and write accurately.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and basic working knowledge of CMS systems.
- Proven experience of digital translating and transcreating.
- Sound knowledge of women’s luxury fashion, seasonal trends, designers and brands as well as strong commercial awareness.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Confidence to liaise with other teams.
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously.
- Experience working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to think clearly and calmly when faced with issues or problems.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative.
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Time management skills, excellent time keeping and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.