Established in 1998 and working in over 30 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast-growing plc. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video Games and Software Localisation markets worldwide. Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Madrid, Montreal, Rome, Seattle, Singapore and more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
The german in-house Linguist role will be based in our Barcelona office. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team focusing on games translation. We are passionate about providing high quality translations to our clients. You will be part of that, translating world-renowned mobile and social games titles.
- Translate, review & proofread content from English into Target Language to a high-quality standard.
- Create, review and maintain style guides, glossaries and translation memories.
- Fix linguistic bugs reported by the testing team.
- Provide support to Project Managers and linguistic feedback to other internal linguists & freelancers.
- Assist with Review Reports and QA reports as needed
- Manage own schedule and schedules of interns
- Native speaker of german
- 2+ years’ experience as an in-house video games linguist or freelancer.
- Passion for the video game industry. Experience playing all game genres.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both target language and English.
- Self-motivation and ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Experience working with CAT tools is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to mentor interns and junior linguists.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills