Plan A has set itself the ambitious goal to decarbonise a million businesses within the next few years, using science and technology. We offer a software for carbon accounting, decarbonisation and ESG reporting capabilities, that enables businesses of the likes of BMW, Mollie, Sorare, GANNI, Chloé and N26, to successfully manage their net zero journey. Building and growing Plan A has been only possible thanks to our ever-expanding team across Europe.
We’re looking for an a highly motivated and skilled Localisation Manager to join our dynamic team. As a Localisation Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our products and content are adapted and translated effectively to reach and engage our target audiences in the German and French-speaking markets, and beyond. If our mission is aligned with your values and personal goals, we want to get to know you!
How You’ll Make An Impact
At Plan A, you’ll be working with hundreds of companies to successfully manage their net zero journey and ESG reporting. We are looking for someone to:
- Develop and execute comprehensive localisation strategies for product and content adaptation in German and French markets, ensuring alignment with business goals.
- Conduct and oversee the translation and review process, transforming content in both French and German and when necessary working with a team of translators and reviewers to maintain high-quality and culturally relevant content in both languages
- Implement and maintain robust quality assurance processes to ensure accuracy, consistency, and linguistic integrity of all localised content, in accordance with our language guidelines and brand.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and customer support, to integrate localised content seamlessly into the user experience.
- Manage localisation budgets, schedules, and external vendors when necessary, ensuring optimal resource allocation and cost-effectiveness.
- Stay updated with industry-standard localisation tools and technologies to streamline and enhance the localisation process.
- Analyse user feedback to continuously improve and optimise the localised content’s impact and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Translation, Localisation, or Linguistics).
- Fluency in both German and French (spoken and written) is essential.
- Excellent communication skills and a ‘way with words’ to convey our message to the world!
- Proven experience in localisation management, ideally in a global company.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of localisation tools and technologies.
- Attention to detail and quality-focused.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to regional differences.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.