Cologne (main) /Madrid (Secondary) – Multilingual Localization Specialist – 12 months contract length
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Multilingual Localization Specialist you’ll be part of the Asset Localization team that manages the worldwide translation needs of our products and services and works in close collaboration with other teams that are part of EA’s Localization organization.
You’ll be part of a multicultural team and we are looking forward to your fresh and diverse ideas and perspectives.
What a Multilingual Localization Specialist does at EA:
- Manage localization projects with external resources (translation agencies and freelancers) for delivery of high-quality translations in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage Machine Translation Post-Editing projects, support vendors, analyze quality, share insights, identify potential issues, handle the communication and expectations and work with our Machine Translation team.
- Prepare asset localization in collaboration with other teams such as Project Management, Testing, Engineering, Audio and Publishing teams.
- Maintain project TMs, glossaries, and project process knowledge base.
- Work with Loc Vendor Specialists on resource allocation and provide them with vendor service quality feedback.
- Perform regular Quality Evaluation and Assessment and take the necessary steps to achieve the desired quality.
- Anticipate risks and analyze issues in schedule, budget, quality and technology to propose solutions that ensure that all potential issues are solved and escalated to the relevant teams as early as possible.
- Follow up on project status and schedules and provide regular status reports to all partners and management.
- Monitor localization budget and control project costs, create reports and flag risks.
- Take necessary steps to ensure cost-efficient, accurate, transparent billing of translation jobs to internal partners.
- Analyze project post-mortems and other indicators related to service and quality to propose actions for improving processes in future titles.
The next great EA Multilingual Localization Specialist also needs:
- Experience with CAT tools and Localization technology in general
- Experience with/knowledge of Machine Translation technologies, its concept and Post-Editing is a plus
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role (Localization or Translation Project Manager)
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to work under pressure with daily deliveries and tight deadlines
- Experience in the games industry is a plus
- Self-starting, pro-active, solution-oriented attitude