In this role, you will:
- Localization of English content into German with the guidance of Country Marketing Managers and in-house Content Localisation team, ensuring all local marketing communications are aligned and consistent
- Localize, transcreate, edit or review translations of marketing content from English to German, applying the brand framework and making sure it’s culturally/linguistically appropriate for your local audience
- Provide rough translations of German content into English for proofreading by the English Content team.
- Contribute to optimization of linguistic assets for the target language: style guides, glossaries, assets, and other rich media
- The estimated workload is an average of 20 hours per week. Please note that workload and subsequently the number of working hours vary and are open to discussion.
What you need to be successful:
- 2+ years of experience (preferably in a multinational company) in a dedicated localization/translation role in content marketing
- BA degree in Languages or any linguistic-related field like Translation, Journalism, Literature, Foreign Languages, or Language Philology,
- Fluent English (written and spoken) and native German speaker with outstanding spelling, grammar and communication skills.
Important: This is a part-time freelance position. In order for your application to be considered, please send us English and German writing samples for longform, short form and product-/ website-related content from recent projects you’ve worked for. Please also note that this is a freelance position with flexible workload and working hours.