- ISSUED BY: OSCE Secretariat
- VACANCY TYPE: Experts/Consultants
- FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Translators, Interpreters, Conference Services
- DUTY STATION: Vienna
- DATE OF ISSUE: 10 March 2020
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 1 April 2020 – 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Linguist in the OSCE Conference and Language Services the incumbent will be performing the following duties:
- Provide interpretation into English of statements and speeches given in Russian and French;
- Service up to seven meetings per week (exceptionally eight), usually of no more than three hours duration;
- Routinely covers sensitive and highly technical meetings.
- First-level university degree in interpretation or similar with a focus on English, Russian and French;
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience providing interpretation services for an international organization;
- Required language combination: professional fluency in English (preferably mother tongue), perfect command of Russian and working knowledge of French;
- Knowledge of an additional working language of the OSCE would be an asset;
- United Nations and/or EU accreditation as a freelance interpreter would be an asset.