- Translate the user interface software of Hospital Patient Monitoring and Emergency Care products and product updates, verify it on the product (linguistic review), and validate it for its intended use.
- Validate the translation of outsourced product translations (online help, instructions for use, training materials, data sheets, etc.) and give feedback to vendor translators; final sign-off with the ultimate responsibility for quality and consistency.
- Define, validate, and maintain German terminology for all translation projects.
- Act as the liaison to in-house subject-matter experts and as the knowledge-broker between the field/customer environment and the translation community.
You’re the right fit if
- Perfect command of the German language (adequate to native language proficiency) and a degree in language studies (or relevant experience in a very similar role and environment) are a must for this position. Excellent command of English; other languages are a benefit but not mandatory.
- The job requires an analytical mindset, attention to quality, and good communication skills.
- The applicant must be a team player and able to build up and maintain a network of contacts throughout the organization.
- University degree in Translation Studies (mandatory); preferably with a focus on or an added specialization in medicine/engineering.
- Continuous and intensive working experience as a translator for at least 3 years.
- Proven skills and in-depth experience using state-of-the-art localization tools and processes.