WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management is the leading private business school in Germany and is continuously ranked among the top business schools in Europe. On WHU’s two campuses in Vallendar (near Koblenz) and Düsseldorf, faculty, students, and staff enjoy working in a stimulating international environment. The organizational culture combines an entrepreneurial attitude and international orientation with a strong sense of community and diversity and a high commitment to excellence.
The Public Relations Department of WHU invites applications for the part-time or full-time position of a
Translator/Editor German-English (f/m/d)
located at the WHU Campus Vallendar or Düsseldorf, with a starting date of January 1, 2022 or later.
The Public Relations Department of WHU takes care of the internal and external communication activities of WHU, supports the faculty, the academic programs, the other departments, and the Dean in their communication, tracks WHU’s media coverage, and is involved in crisis communication if necessary. As Translator and Editor you are part of a small and motivated team working closely together with the Marketing Department, the Online Sales Unit and the Dean’s Office.
- You will cooperate closely with fellow PR team members and predominantly take care of all communication activities in English
- You will write, edit, and translate texts for the news magazine on the WHU website, the intranet, the online platform WHU KNOWLEDGE, speeches, and presentations
- You will also be involved in many other activities of the team such as reporting on student club activities, setting up newsletters, conducting interviews, and editing a digital annual report
- Academic degree, preferably in translation, English language and literature, German language and literature, or journalism
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Strong communication skills in English and German
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, TYPO3 skills desirable
- Preferably you speak English at native level and have very good German language skills
- You love to work with texts, are creative, and have a fine feeling for language and diverse writing styles