- The closing date for applications is 27 April 2020.
- This position is limited to 2 years. You will be employed at our Braunschweig site.
- You will translate scientific texts for the U.S.-American scientific sector, particularly from the field of physics (e.g.: scientific publications for American scientific journals, websites, documents), from German into English. As the German original texts are linguistically, grammatically and stylistically extremely demanding, 100-percent knowledge of German grammar and style is required.
- After a training period of several months, you will revise manuscripts written in English (e.g. scientific publications, articles for conference volumes) by German and international scientists whose mother tongue is not English.
- You have graduated in „Translation Studies“ from an American university or from a pertinent German university (Diplom FH or Bachelor).
- You were brought up bilingually (German/English) in the U.S.A. and completed your schooling and your university studies there. You have a perfect command of both the German and the English grammar and elements of style.
- You have several years of professional experience translating technical and/or scientific texts from German into American English.
- You have good communication and cooperation skills.
- You work well in a team.
- You have an understanding of technical concepts along with the ability to think your way into difficult contexts in physics.