SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Name any language matter – we will find the right people for it. We that is the Marketing translation service team which is part of the SAP unit Language Experience. You will be joining a team of project managers who take the needs of their customers very seriously and work closely with external translation suppliers to fulfill the customer requirements. Our customers are our colleagues in the SAP Marketing units all over the world. You will be dealing with a wide variety of assets (videos, Marketing brochures, all kinds of interactive formats….) in various content management and translation tools.
When you join our team, you will immerse into a world of diverse cultures, work styles, technological challenges, translation styles – and lots of fun.
We are looking for a working student or intern to support our translation project managers for a duration of at least six months.
Your main tasks will include:
- Performing quality checks and corrections for source and target texts
- Performing administrative tasks in internal translation project management environment and translation management system (Smartling)
- Preparing projects for final handover, as well as archiving them
- Managing translation queries via a tracking tool
- Support reporting
- Creating and updating internal process and tool documentation
- Supporting project managers in testing activities (such as machine translation)
- Administrative support in strategic projects (e.g. in the areas of neural machine translation and speech-to-text)
- Administrative support in evaluation of new translation editor
As a working student, you are expected to work up to 20 hours during the term and up to 40 hours during term break. Ideally, you still have a few terms ahead of you so that you stay with us even longer than the six months.
Alternatively, you can also join the team as an intern for a duration of six months full-time (with the option of extending the contract later as a working student contract).
You are a currently enrolled student (f/m/d) at a university or a university of applied sciences:
- Studying preferably in the fields: linguistics, translation studies, computer linguistics
- Computer skills: translation management systems (e.g. SDL Trados Studio, XTM, Smartling), terminology management tools (e.g. SDL Multiterm), Office applications, ideally also: machine translation tools, content management systems
- Language skills: Speaking English and German fluently
- Soft skills: You are a team player, an expert in organizing and communication and you can deal with time pressure
- Others: previous work experience as an intern or working student is an asset, knowledge about the software localization industry is an asset as well