As a Content Localization Specialist, you will undertake several projects to improve the quality of German content presented to Squarespace users. You will work directly with the Product Business Development team and strive to give our users a native experience across all platforms. In this position you will primarily liaise with colleagues in Dublin, Ireland and New York, USA.
This role will report into our Content Localization Lead and we are open to remote candidates that reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Improve the quality of German content and review in context (Linguistic QA)
- Research industry-specific terminology to improve our glossary
- Review language feedback from Squarespace users and employees
- Implement SEO improvements
- Update voice and style guides
- 3 years of hands-on content localization experience both in web content and marketing content
- German native speaker with English fluency, who has experience with business English
- Degree in a relevant field (German language, Journalism, Linguistics) or vocational training (fremdsprachenkorrespondent) with expertise in the German culture
- Passion for translations, peoples, and languages
- Experience with online translation software and ticketing systems (Smartling and JIRA a plus)
- Interest in building a technical skill set in HTML and Markdown — prior knowledge of either a plus, but not required
- SEO and content strategy skills a plus