Do you want to be part of an enthusiastic team providing formative travel experiences? Are you organized, people oriented and eager to inspire action in our quest to lead the way in Expedition travel?
To fulfill this ambition, we are looking for highly motivated Interpreters to be part of our expedition teams. The Interpreter is part of the Expedition Team onboard each ship, and reports to the Expedition Leader onboard.
Duties and responsibilities
- Simultaneous interpretation from English to German of the onboard lectures.
- Simultaneous interpretation from English to German of port presentations.
- Meet with the presenter to go through presentation.
- Translation from English to German of shorter speeches.
- Translation of public announcements on ship.
- Written translation from English to German of the daily program for the next day.
- Maintain and edit documents related to Interpreters on onboard computers.
- Assist with landings including tenderboat briefings ashore.
- Assist the Hospital Crew with German translation to English as needed.
- Assist guests with audio translation equipment.
- Manage and maintain Interpreter’s equipment including tie-down in case of rough seas.
- Translation from English to German during third-party shore excursions.
- You will communicate with the Interpreter boarding as needed either by email or in person to facilitate a smooth and effective handover.
- Undertake other duties as requested by Expedition Leader.
- Inform the Expedition leader if any procedures or documentation needs to be changed.
- Professionally trained in simultaneous translation from English to German; please provide your application in English
- Desirable simultaneous translation from German to English and other languages
- Desirable to have qualifications or relevant experience in polar boating and operations in areas where polar bears are found.