The German Localization Lead pursues excellence in translation quality and consistency including localizing English content for German-speaking markets, reviewing machine translations, maintaining terminology databases and supporting memory maintenance for machine translations.
A day in the life: what you’ll do
- Translate or transcreate English content into German and support business needs such as product education, training resources, internal communication, digital content, video subtitles and etcetera.
- Play key part of the proofreading phase of all major translation processes by proactively pursuing excellence in translation quality and consistency across all platforms and channels in the required language.
- Coordinate language feedback from users, including reporting on guest and lululemon employee engagement.
- Maintain close cooperation with regional stakeholders including in-market storytellers, training managers, communications specialists and with a group of freelance translators, questioning and/or answering any stylistic or linguistic questions.
- Pursue excellence in translation quality and consistency, including accurately representing intent through tonality, thematic and cultural adaptation.
- Act as the internal language expert for German, including answering linguists’ questions and making final decisions about changes to the glossary, translation memory and style guide, responsible for approving all brand material in German and signing off copy.
- University degree in Translation, Modern Languages or Communications or equivalent education.
- Native-level knowledge of German including comprehensive understanding of cultural differences and nuances.
- Professional fluency in English.
- Advanced knowledge of technical and creative writing in German including grammar and punctuation.
- Translation and proofreading experience within fashion, lifestyle or wellbeing.
- Understanding of machine translation software preferred.
- Time management and organizational skills and multitasking abilities.