Grant The trainee grant is €1,070 per month plus an accommodation allowance (see further information section)
Working time Full time
Place of work Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Closing date 31.08.2021
As a trainee you will:
- produce high-quality translations from at least one official EU language into English of a broad range of materials in the fields of banking supervision and monetary policy;
- edit and proofread ECB materials in the fields of banking supervision and monetary policy which have been drafted in English by native and non-native speakers, correcting errors of grammar, consistency and style, and ensuring a high-quality finished product tailored to the target audience;
- contribute to the drafting/editing of public communication and website content, including social media posts, for the general public;
- contribute to clear writing initiatives, the ECB’s English Style Guide and the provision of linguistic and drafting advice in English.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to use state-of-the-art language technology tools and to gain insight into the work of language services in an EU institution. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills Essential:
- a master’s degree (or master’s degree studies in their final stages of completion) in modern languages or translation, or a bachelor’s degree in any other field combined with postgraduate studies in translation;
- the ability to translate from at least one official EU language into English;
- experience of editing and proofreading English texts, either as part of a degree course or in a professional context;
- a good knowledge of the MS Office package, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- a C2 (fluent) command of English and a C1 (advanced) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.